Although the heat of the summer is on, zucchini are in full swing, and I’ve been baking them quite often. This new recipe is a homestyle favorite, combining rice, baby bellas, zucchini, onions, and cream sauce. It’s super simple and perfect for that massive crop of fresh zucchini.
Summer Zucchini Bake
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 and 1/2 cup cashew cheese sauce link to recipe below
- Cook the rice according to package directions and set aside. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 350, chop your veggies, and make the cheese sauce.
- In a saute pan, pour the olive oil, then cook the veggies over medium heat for about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In a casserole dish, combine the rice, veggies, and cheese sauce, stir well, cover and then bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until the edges are golden.